I usually use cherries for snacking or baked goods, so I wanted to find some recipes with a savory application. This is a nice, simple recipe that lets the flavor of fresh cherries really shine through. The sweet, red cherries pair really nicely with the goat cheese dressing. This recipe is easy enough for a weeknight dinner, but unique enough to impress company. It makes a great summer meal!
Don’t forget to check out other cherry recipes and share your own on our cherry page!
Chicken Salad with Cherries and Goat Cheese Dressing,
adapted from Martha Stewart, serves 4
- 1/2 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head Boston lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 pound (2 cups) Bing cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup walnut pieces
In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, goat cheese, chives, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Set dressing aside.
Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook until opaque throughout, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Thinly slice chicken crosswise.
Divide lettuce among four plates; top with chicken, cherries, and walnuts. Serve salad with dressing alongside.